Friday, August 29, 2014

Get out and explore your world.

Starliner Diner

Some of the best places to eat are small, local, restaurants, that don't look very appealing from the outside. Well, that is exactly what Starliner Diner is. I honestly would have never noticed it, had not my neighbors recommended it. It is located in Hilliard, Oh. It is not in a shopping center. It doesn't even stand out from the road. I've driven past it a number of times, and never taken a second glance at it. The sign is fairly small. If you're not looking for it, it's easy to miss. The parking lot almost looks like it belongs to a run down car mechanic.
But..let me tell you. This place is delish! Looks are definitely deceiving when it comes to this place. This inside is decorated super cool. It's unique decor matches its unique menu.
My daughter and I decided to visit this place one morning for breakfast. She ordered a traditional American breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I opted for the South West Breakfast Burrito. Being that I am originally from the South West, I often long for all of those authentic flavors. Sadly, I thought that I would never find a place in the Midwest that captures all of those wonderful flavors which I grew up with. So I was ecstatic when I took a bite out of my breakfast burrito. It is covered in salsa verde and salsa roja, and drizzled with authentic crema. Definitely worth every bite.
The decor of the place is pretty awesome as well. One wall, which my daughter called the Wall O'clocks, is filled with unique...you guessed it, clocks! The opposite wall has a celestial theme painted on it. Hanging from the ceiling, is some kind of spaceship looking thing, and a number of disco balls.
I never would have thought that this place was an interesting and yummy place to eat at. I'm glad that I went. So, I encourage all of you to get out of your comfort zones and try something different. You don't have to travel far or spend a lot of money. Just stop by a coffee house that you've never been too, or go to a restaurant that you normally would never eat at. You never know what you might find when you are open to trying something new.
The wall o'clocks

No comments:

Post a Comment